We can see wall rooster in tropical homes in the past. Usually a rooster wall is placed above the door or window.
The shape of the rooster wall also varies, such as boxes, squares, hexagons, and so on.
The main function of rooster is as a wall hole to create a maximum air circulation system in the room.
Over time, the function of rooster is now growing. Aside from being a vent, rooster can be used to beautify the house so that the appearance of space is more attractive and also as a substitute for fencing.
Therefore, usually rooster is made with the design as beautiful as possible.
Rooster is made from a variety of materials, such as concrete, cement and compacted sand, ceramics, concrete blocks, and clay.
Rooster made from brick has a better and stronger quality, but when viewed from the appearance, it is less attractive compared to rooster from clay.
However, the price is indeed cheaper and more economical. For clay rooster, it looks more beautiful, but it is less strong compared to rooster brick.
Rooster motifs are also increasingly diverse, such as box motifs, round motifs, and floral motifs; just choose according to taste.
Attractive motives for making rooster can be used as artistic ornaments at home.
In general, rooster has a size of 20 cm x 20 cm with a relatively heavy weight of 4.5 kg. Even though it looks heavy, rooster can still be stacked safely.
To make it look more attractive, it can be arranged alternately and glued using cement.
In addition to cement adhesive, rooster only needs to be strengthened using an additional iron plate.
A 4 mm thick iron plate can be screwed at the top of the rooster. Its function is to make the rooster stiffen and not easily collapse when pushed by the wind or touched.
Rooster construction usually does not use poles or beams. Rooster walls only rely on sloof which binds the foundation in the soil.
Sloof is responsible for receiving and distributing rooster loads to the foundation.
Advantages of Breeze Walls
- The air in the room becomes cool because it can be circulated properly
- Sunlight from outside can enter the room to its maximum
- Interesting motives make the rooster an element of decoration
- Home will have a wall that can also function as an air vent
- Breeze Wall can be applied to various types of buildings, ranging from offices, houses of worship to residential buildings.
The Minuses of Breeze Wall
- Not enough to maintain the privacy of residents of the house because of the hole
- Must pay attention to the intensity of sunlight entering because there are quite a lot of holes. When dealing directly with the direction of sunlight, it can make the room less comfortable due to glare or heat.
- Less strong enough to hold the load so that it can not be used as a main wall
- The installation must be careful because the rooster does not have a locking system between the arrangements
- If installed outside, it can carry outside dust carried by the wind into the house
Type of Breeze Wall
The naming of rooster on the market is based on rooster-making material.
So, the name rooster also varies, such as wood rooster, ceramic rooster, terracotta or brick rooster, natural stone rooster, concrete rooster, GRC rooster, iron rooster, brass rooster and many others.
In addition to the common rooster we know, there is also a so-called jalusi rooster or nako rooster, which is a rooster that has fins with a certain slope angle so that raindrops cannot enter the room without reducing the function of jalousie rooster as room ventilation.
Most jalusi rooster is applied to warehouse or factory buildings. This rooster is made of concrete material so it is called concrete jalousie.
Tips and tricks on installing a Breeze Wall
- Make sure the rooster wall to be installed supports in terms of aesthetic beauty
- To install a rooster at home, of course, you must pay attention to the aesthetics of beauty and harmony in the installation. So, it is necessary to ensure that the room to be installed rooster will add to its beauty, not the other way around.
- Choose the size of the small rooster according to the needs of the room
- Each rooster size has its own function and role for the aesthetics of the beauty of the room. Be sure to make harmonization in the installation of rooster for the room.
- Differentiate the size of rooster use for interior and exterior design of the house
- Rooster mounted for outdoor beauty is usually coarse and semi-fine textured. As for the beauty of installing a rooster in the room, ideally, use a rooster with a smooth texture motif.
- Choose the design that best fits the theme and design of the house
How to install a rooster may vary with the different themes of the house.
The point is that different designs will also differ in the way they are installed, different types and types of houses will be different in how to install a rooster for the beauty of the house.