Pallets have been around for many years now, to store, pack and bring useful materials. But lately, palettes have become a crowd favorite. In recent years, recycled pallets have become the choice for everyone who wants to build furniture. The pallet is sturdy, has a rustic appearance, is easy to do, makes a good case of sustainability, and looks amazing once you finish the project.
What You Need to Know about Pallets?
The popular pallet-based project that likes to be made at home is pallet beds. Fully functional as well as versatile, pallet beds allow everyone to be creative and can be collected.
How to Choose Your Safest Palette for Beds?
If you want to make a pallet, one of the most important things to know is to choose a pallet. You don’t need to buy it because you can find recycling that you can use. However, here are the main factors that need to be known when choosing pallet materials:
• When getting a recycling palette, see if the pallet is clean and has no marks. If you see MB letters on the pallet, just avoid it because they carry dangerous chemicals and don’t want pallets in your home to be polluted.
• If you get an international pallet, look for one that has an IPPC logo on it, meaning they are safe to use.
• Dry pallet with heat treatment, steam is the safest. Find out more about treatments until you know they are very safe. Pallets used for domestic transportation are safer, but you must learn about care and security guarantees.
• Avoid colored pallets, while some paints are safe. You want to avoid bringing the bedroom palette through unsafe fumigation / painting.
• Avoid pallets that show signs of moisture or wear: for example wood should not be bent when you press. also make sure the pallet looks and feels dry and clean. Avoid jufa pallets with distant blades, with broken or cracked blades, and boards that are full of splinters.
• In addition, you must also pay attention to the type of wood pallets that will be taken home. According to specialists, the popular US pallet is made of yellow pine or oak wood. Both are interesting alternatives in terms of security and robustness.
How to Choose the Right Pallet Size?
The right size of the palette is not a problem as long as you can get enough palettes to build a beautiful bed in your home. North American palette measuring 40 x 48 inches. Choose what depends on what pallet bed you want to make:
• Two palette of twin beds.
• Four wooden palette double queen beds.
How do you build a double Queen Pallet bed?
Tools and materials
As said, building a pallet bed requires a minimum of one set of tools. For a bed of thought, you need the following tools and materials:
1. 4 40x48x6 identical palettes.
2. Sandpaper with sandpaper.
3. Drill / screwdriver.
4. A handful of bolts with rings and nuts.
5. Hold the screw and angle iron.
6. Wood glue.
7. Varnish wood or paint, along with the right brush.
8. Protective equipment (glasses and gloves).
9. Vacuum cleaner.
Make sure to have the right room to build the bed, because if it won’t be messy. You also want fresh air, so try a backyard, an empty garage, or a garage near the house.
Step by step instructions
1. Sandpaper the palette well by using a sanding tool, use a protective device and make sure all the sides to the edges and surface of the pallet are smooth and also there are no debris.
2. Clean the pallet to make sure to remove all dust and debris.
3. Clean the floor and make sure there are no debris lying around to harm you, children and pets.
4. A versatile palette, and now it’s time to choose the look of a bed: use wood varnish for a more rustic, natural, or paint any desired color palette to fit the bedroom.
5. Leave the pallet dry for one night in fresh air.
6. Bring the dry pallet to the room where you want your bed later. Cover the floor with plastic sheets.
7. Place four pallets in a square shape